How to Legally Hire Part-Time Employees?
- Sep 23,2023
Are you looking to hire a part-time employee for your business? If you are looking for employees don’t need to hire any full-time vacancy workers. You will get seasonal employees who can help with work and if you are looking for part-time delivery jobs near me you will understand how to get part-time work or how to hire them legally.
Why hire part-time employees?
Part-time workers are usually hired to address specific man work, workforce, etc. It helps in completing the work and tasks of the company.
1. Determine the eligibility of the candidate
The first step is to check whether the candidate is eligible to work part-time in UAE. According to the MoHRE, the candidate must be:-
- At least 18 years old
- A UAE resident
- A holder of a valid visa (for at least 6 months)
- A holder of a valid passport
- A holder of academic qualifications or certificates if required for the job
Additionally, the candidate must fall under the Skill level 1, 2, or 3 jobs, as determined by the MoHRE. These are jobs that require specialized technical, administrative, or scientific skills.
2. Obtain a work permit from the MoHRE
Next is to obtain a work permit from the MoHRE for the candidate. The work permit is a document that authorizes the candidate to work part-time in UAE for a specific employer and duration. The work permit is usually valid for six months and can be renewed.
The employer is responsible for applying for the work permit on behalf of the candidate. The employer can apply online through the MoHRE website or in-person services in the UAE.
The employer needs to submit the following documents for the work permit application:-
- A copy of the candidate's passport
- A copy of the job contract
- A colored (white background) photograph of the candidate
- A copy of the candidate's visa
- Copies of academic qualifications or certificates (if required for the job)
- A copy of the trade licenses of both employers (full-time and part-time)
- NOC (No Objection Certificate) from the full-time employer (if the candidate is already employed)
- An NOC that ensures all parties involved are aware of the candidate's part-time contract
3. Sign a part-time contract with the candidate
The third step is to sign a part-time contract with the candidate. The contract is a legal agreement that specifies the terms and conditions of the part-time employment, such as:
- The name and address of both parties
- Job title and description
- The duration and validity of the contract
- The working hours and days
- Salary and benefits
- The rights and obligations of both parties
- The termination and dispute resolution clauses
The contract must be in Arabic or bilingual (Arabic and English) and must be attested by the MoHRE¹.
4. Register the candidate with social security and insurance schemes
The next step is to register the candidate with social security and insurance schemes, as applicable. Depending on the nationality and status of the candidate, the employer may need to:
- Enroll them in the General Pension and Social Security Authority (GPSSA) scheme, which provides retirement, disability, and other benefits to UAE nationals and GCC nationals working in the UAE.
- Enroll them in the Emirates ID scheme, which provides a unique identification number and card to all residents in UAE.
- Enroll them in a health insurance scheme, which provides medical coverage to all residents in UAE.
The employer may also need to provide other benefits such as annual leave, sick leave, maternity leave, gratuity, etc., as per the UAE Labour Law or as agreed in the contract.
5. Comply with the labor laws and regulations
Finally, is to comply with the labor laws and regulations that govern part-time employment in UAE. The employer and the candidate must adhere to these rules and regulations to avoid any legal issues or penalties.
Rapid Pair can help in get part-time delivery jobs near me for your extra part-time earnings.
Conclusion:-Hiring part-time employees can be a great way to meet the specific needs of your business. However, you must follow the steps and requirements for legally getting part-time delivery jobs near me to ensure a smooth and successful process. By doing so, you can benefit from the skills, flexibility, and productivity of part-time workers while avoiding any legal risks or liabilities.